Thursday, February 13, 2014

I Honestly Do

I do miss you. Everything about you.
Your laugh, your cheesy humor, and cheerful attitude.
Your gaze, your feel, and warmth.
Your perspective on anything and everything.

I thought that with time I might be able to face you, and give you a sincere apology. All it took though, was for someone, anyone really, to be around us, and I'd shut down. I couldn't just blurt out my most sincere thoughts where someone might overhear. I know it shouldn't matter when our friendship was on the line, but I'm not good with that kind of stuff. All my thoughts just vanish, and I panic.
"It's no good right now, and it's passing period anyways."
So I pass by you in the halls and move along to my next class.

I'm just going to put myself out there and say that I honestly do miss you. I find myself glancing in your direction when I pass you in the halls, just for the sake of seeing you. I've on a few occasions tried to get close to you in an attempt to give a true apology and ask forgiveness. Maybe you think that's weird, or creepy, or you just want me to stop. I'll do it if that's the case. Up until now, I've been afraid of people thinking of me like that just for the sake of my image. Screw my image, I'm sorry.

I know you probably don't think much of me anymore, and that you believe spoken word is how this should be projected to you, but I honestly don't think I could compose all of my thoughts into this if I spoke it to you.

I leave the next step up to you. Just tell me what to do, whether it be to meet you or leave you be.

No comments:

Post a Comment